Super Sous’ TCHO Chocolate Banana Bread Cookie Recipe
Yesterday, Super Sous was on a cookie baking spree and came upon this cookie which, I must say, pairs perfectly with your morning (or evening) Latte.
Some of you asked for the recipe, so, without further ado:
Super Sous’ TCHO Chocolate Banana Bread Cookies
In this cookie recipe, I use a little bit of almond flour which gives a little texture to the cookie and give the word “bread” before cookie some legitimacy. I also use *avocado in this recipe. I had heard it was a healthy substitute for butter in cookies, so I split the butter in half and replaced it with avocado to give it a try. When mixing butter, avocado and sugars together things may get a little green, but the end product won’t look green, wont’ taste like avocado and will be half the fat of a normal cookie while still remaining delicious. I figured, since we all indulge a bit during the holidays, why not make the indulging a little more guiltless?
Yields: approximately 30 cookies
½ cup (1 stick/8 tablespoons) organic unsalted butter, diced small
½ cup (1 avocado) mashed ripe avocado*
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 ¼ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 large organic eggs
2 cups rough chopped TCHO 60.5% chocolate
2 – 3 (the more the merrier) bananas, peeled and diced small
- Place oven rack in the middle position.
- Preheat oven to 375° Farenheit.
- Beat butter, avocado, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl of a stand mixer on medium speed for 5 minutes, until creamy and well combined. (Make sure to stop once to scrape down sides with rubber spatula.)
- While the butter and sugar is mixing, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- After the butter sugar mixture has mixed for 5 minutes, add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually pour in flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in (by hand) chocolate and diced banana with a rubber spatula.
- Scoop mixture into a spoon and spoon out onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Repeat steps 8-10 until batter runs out.